August has always been one of my favourite months – it brings back memories of being a child and knowing that you had ‘a whole month off school’. For me, summer isn’t really here until August and some people will hate me for saying that I secretly hope the heatwave continues in the coming weeks.
This month is going to be a busy one – but also one that sees my routine shaken up, which isn’t always a bad thing. Liam is off on tour for two weeks (very glam), meaning a quiet flat, but also time for me to be as productive as I can. I’ve always been pretty good on my own, I like my own company, and I’m not horrified by the thought of spending evenings alone reading or cooking for one.
Heres what I am looking forward to this month:
- The Steven Page tour! Liam is going on tour at the end of the week and will be travelling around the UK and Ireland for a fortnight. I’m really looking forward to going to the shows in Bristol and London – I couldn’t be prouder seeing him up on stage! The London show also gives me a chance to spend a weekend in the city to catch up with friends.
- It’s also Liam and I’s six-year anniversary this month! Liam will be away on the actual day, but I hope that we can find some time soon to celebrate. It’s crazy to think that I was 21 six years ago, and I love that we can look back at the start of our adult lives together and see what a journey we’ve been on.
- I’m also looking forward to having a few days off from work next week to head to Somerset to stay with my Mum, Stepdad and niece on a mini-break. My parents retired over a year ago now, and bought a swish caravan for their travels. I can’t wait to go and switch off for a few days, and see my three-year-old niece Evie, who I’m biased to say is the most adorable little human.
- My next blood donation appointment is coming up soon. This will be my third visit, and after finding out my blood type is the rare O-, I now book appointments whenever I can. I’m thinking about doing a post about what it’s like to give blood – let me know if you’d be interested in reading it.
- Finally, I really need to start thinking about our new flat – as it’s looking like it will be ready in about two months time. We haven’t decided on any of our flooring or carpets yet, so I am enlisting help from our lovely friend and interior designer Chloe. Hoping that by the beginning of September we will have a clear idea about what we would like!
What are your plans for August? Are you sick of the heat and willing for some rain? Let me know in the comments.