Back in 2016, I published a post saying I had put together a ‘30 before 30 list’. You could say this list is almost a mini bucket-list – with goals and activities I would like to do before I hit my 30s.
I started writing it in 2014, when I was 23 years old – and it is interesting to look back at it now to see what I thought I would be able to achieve in 7 years. Some things I have ticked off easily, others still seem like they are far from reach! However, my aspirations haven’t changed much, and I have made a lot of progress in the last 12 months.
At 27, I still have three years to complete my list (and to add three more items to take the total to 30!), but I am confident I will be able to tick them all off.
Here is the updated list:
- See Walk the Moon in New York City
- Give blood – DONE
- Register as an organ donor – DONE
- Buy a flat
- Visit Paris
- Run a half marathon – DONE
- Buy a Mini Cooper
- Pay for somebody’s coffee behind me
- Buy a pair of designer shoes
- Learn basic photography and editing
- Go on a girls’ only holiday
- Go glamping
- Take my niece to the zoo
- Practice yoga regularly
- Be in the same room as Zooey Deschanel
- Redecorate a whole room
- Go for afternoon tea at Sketch
- Move to Bristol – DONE
- Take my Mum for a spa day – DONE
- Go back on stage in a performance
- Go back to Glastonbury – DONE
- Volunteer for charity
- Meet/interview KateLaVie in person
- Take an aerial silks class – DONE
- Go to Red Rocks in Colorado for a gig
- Sit in a box at the theatre
I feel like 2018 is the year to get some of these marked as ‘DONE’, having ticked off three items in January and February alone.
Already this year, I have given blood and become an organ donor – two items that were really important to me. I have since found out that my blood type is O-, which is rare and in demand, so ticking this off my list has spurred me on to start giving blood regularly.
I’ve also ticked off taking an aerial silks class, something I have wanted to do for years. I am very lucky to live in a city like Bristol, where I was spoilt for choice when trying to find a class! I may have found a new hobby…watch this space.
There’s still a fair way to go – but I already have plans this year to visit Paris and go on a girly holiday, as well as visiting London to go for afternoon tea at Sketch. I may even be looking at buying a flat.
And who knows – if I get on the property ladder I might be in a better position to start saving for that pair of designer shoes!
Do you have a 30 before 30 list? Or maybe a 40 before 40 list? What do you want to achieve before a milestone birthday? Let me know in the comments.