It’s strange to think that when this post goes live, I will be living it up in (hopefully) sunny New York, my roll necks, blankets and candles far from my mind! However, when I get back – the weather will be colder, the nights will be darker and it will officially be autumn – and hands up who is excited for feeling all cosy again?
Autumn is by far my favourite season, and there are so many things I love about it! I’ve compiled a list of my favourite things, it will hopefully inspire you to clear out the summer wardrobe in favour of your knee-length boots, bobble hats and knitwear.
- Pumpkin Spiced Lattes – or PSL for the hard-core Starbucks fans amongst us. A hug in a mug – need I say more?
- Roll necks – the bigger the better I say. I plan on them dominating my wardrobe in AW17.
- Being able to hygge – I’ll be re-reading all of my hygge books, with a cup of tea under a blanket, obvs.
- Candles – so. many. candles.
- Blankets – you can never have too many blankets. I always look out for extra fluffy ones in the Anthropologie sale.
- Cuddles – what’s better than cuddling up on the sofa with some Netflix and pizza on a cold autumnal night? Nothing, that’s what.
- Comfort food – did I mention pizza? And cottage pie? And lasagne? The list goes on…
- X Factor – love it or hate it, you’ll find yourself watching it when nothing else is on, on a Saturday night. I always get sucked in, I hate to admit it.
- Halloween – pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin everything.
- Listening to the rain – I LOVE being sat inside with a big mug of hot chocolate listening to the rain outside. SO COSY.
- Boots – any excuse to go boot shopping is good with me.
- Reading – I always read more in the colder months. I have so many titles on my list this year.
- Mulled cider – I might be slightly premature putting this in my autumn faves, but as soon as pubs and bars start serving mulled wine and cider I am all over it like a rash.
- Bobble hats – definitely need to up my collection this year. Nothing says ‘I LOVE AUTUMN’ like a good bobble hat.
- Vampy lipstick – crack out the plums, the reds, the burnt orange, anything goes.
What do you love about autumn? Let me know in the comments.