I feel like a bit of a bad blogger – no posts in three weeks! Life seems to have got in the way – so I thought I’d update you with a weekly round up post to get back in the swing of things. There is so much going on at the moment I can hardly keep track, but it’s all very exciting!
1. Since the beginning of July , I’ve been busy training for the Bristol half marathon at the end of September. The most I’ve ever run before is about 5k – so this is a massive, but exciting challenge for me. I’ve always wanted to run a half marathon, in fact it is on my ’30 before 30′ list – so I am really glad that I have taken the plunge. The training has been going well so far, I’m almost up to 10k one month in, so fingers crossed I have plenty of time to double that before the race! I’m also running it for a fantastic youth mental health charity here in Bristol – Off The Record. You can read more about them and donate here.
2. I am currently sat in bed enjoying my last cup of coffee with milk…as in August, I’ve decided to try going vegan. I love a challenge me! Recently my skin has been breaking out really badly and I can’t seem to figure out why. I also suffer from bloating a lot so I figured if I try veganism I can work out the cause by process of elimination. Most of the meals I cook in the evening could be vegan with a slight recipe change here and there so I don’t think I will find it as difficult as some people. I do eat a lot of eggs and I love my cheese – so laying off the dairy will be tough. I plan to blog about it week by week so you can see how I am getting on!
3. We have finally got around to booking a mini-break to Amsterdam at the end of August! I am so excited, it has been on my travel list for ages. Liam and I’s four year anniversary is on the 7th, so instead of celebrating big then we are going to indulge with lots of food, drink and sightseeing on that long weekend. If you have any recommendations – please send them my way!
4. We’ve been checking out the local art scene these past couple of weeks and stumbled upon Upfest last weekend. I love that Bristol has a whole festival dedicated to graffiti artists – it was great to see all of the painted houses on North Street and in Bedminster. Bristol is such a creative, arty place and I that’s one of the many things I love about this city. I still have so many areas to explore and places to see!
5. Even though we’ve lived in Bristol for six months now, I still hadn’t visited an actual hair salon, choosing instead to bleach my hair myself. I fancied a bit of a change so went to Betties & Baldwins to see what they could do. I couldn’t be more happier with my hair now, they sorted out my re-growth and toned it to a white blonde with lilac undertones. What I love about this salon is that nothing is impossible to them when it comes to colour – they asked so many questions about my hair to understand what I was after, and I walked out feeling so happy with the result! Definitely check them out if you are local to Bristol.
So there we go…it’s been pretty manic but I have lots to update on now! We are back off to Cheltenham this morning to visit family and see my little niece, so it will be nice to chill out and see everybody before the madness starts again. Have you been having a crazy busy summer? Let me know what you’ve been up to in the comments.